1) Will there be ample room for truck and trailer parking? Some racers indicated they also have motorhomes with enclosed trailers.
Yes, there is ample room – all trailers and motorhomes will be parked at the end of the taxiway which is the pit area. PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST NOT PARK ANYWHERE ON THE GRASS AREA!
2) Pit crew size? Are the pit crew part of the racer admission or they pay as spectators?
Racer entry covers the racer tech card and admission. All pit crew pay the spectator $25 entry.
3) After the event ends for the day racers want to patronize the Riverhead downtown area. They don’t want to bring their trucks/trailers to the downtown area and cause congestion. Can they leave the truck/trailer on the Airstrip and come back later to pick them up?
4) Will there be 24/7 security? Some feel that since the area is remote some might race during the week when there is no event which will put the events in jeopardy with the Civics/Town. Also security to protect the equipment from vandalism or theft during the week.
There will be no security. However, rest assured, police are well aware that might happen and doing so puts all the events current and future in jeopardy. The equipment will be secured.
5) Are turbos considered mufflers?
No. Turbo vehicles still need to have a muffler.
6) Will there be a water tanker truck or portable water trailer for the burnout box area?
7) Driver’s helmet required to be in date per NHRA rules?
8) Some race cars have out of date belts and roll cage/bars. Will they need to be up to date to race?
Belts must be in good shape and cage must be compliant with the latest standards of NHRA, including extra bars in cage that was amended to original standards and have no cracks.
9) Website indicates passengers in race cars. Do their helmets need to be within date too?
10) Racers are asking for a list of sponsors and places to eat and drink downtown Riverhead.
I am compiling a list of sponsors this week. We are working with local restaurants to see if they will offer a discount or free appetizer for those that come in with the track wristbands. More info on this to follow.
11) Are jackets and oil diaper containment systems required on cars running 6.39 and faster?
Must have jackets on 6.39 and faster, oil diaper if running nitrous.
12) Battery cutoff switch required for batteries relocated to trunk area?
Yes – if battery is anywhere other than stock location.
13) NHRA license required to run 6.39 and faster?
Licenses required at 6.39 or quicker. If you need one, you can apply for one at track with notification to staff when making test passes for application in order to receive license.
14) Will there be race fuel available for sale at the events?